Energy Education for Teachers and Students
Curriculum and Activities
Easily demonstrate the dynamic processes of the oil and natural gas industry and how it shapes our world with lesson plans, the Oil and Natural Gas book, and classroom activities for students. All materials are free to download, and teachers can request a complimentary copy of the book for their class.
Educators receive comprehensive, objective information about the scientific concepts of energy and its importance while discovering the world of oil and natural gas exploration and production. Teachers will:
- Hear a dynamic presentation from an energy education ambassador on the energy outlook for the next 20 years and beyond. Teachers will have the opportunity to ask questions.
- View amazing high-tech tools, software and equipment used by the offshore industry to find and produce energy resources around the world. Tours are led by industry professionals.
- Learn age-appropriate energy curriculum that can energize your classroom through hands-on activities.
Student STEM Events
- Participate in hands-on activities to connect energy concepts to careers in the industry
- Tour the latest state-of-the-art technology led by energy professionals and engineers
- Hear a brief presentation on the role of energy in our everyday lives and the variety of career opportunities that are necessary for our energy future
Energy4me engages the Society of Petroleum Engineers’ (SPE) 124,000+ professional members worldwide to serve as classroom speakers, science fair judges and career fair exhibitors. Teachers receive a free copy of our Oil and Natural Gas book when the presentation is given.